Friday, September 3, 2010

DragonForce, my favorite band :]

Ok, so I've gathered some of the best pictures for this post... The band is *epic drumroll please*, DragonForce. I love this band because of their blithering speed and charmingly melodic playing. And because they're handsome , of course. Their amazing accents don't hurt either. Haha :]] They play power metal... And power metal it surely is!
So anyway... here they are together first.
This is one of the more amusing pictures of them.... Usually they're all quite serious looking and staring down the camera :) Left to right, back row first. Sam Totman (rhythm/lead guitar), Vadim Pruzhanov (keyboard, theremin), Herman Li (lead guitar), Frédéric Leclercq (bass), Dave Mackintosh (drums), and in the front... Former vocalist ZP Theart. Information on the split of DragonForce and ZP Theart was released on March 9th, 2010.

Vadim Pruzhanov (keyboardist)
I love this picture because of the precise, powerful way it's captured. The way Vadim's hair is flying up in the air... It leads my eye to his face, and the concentration of playing the music. Which also leads right down his arm, to the technical and controlling way his hand is playing the keyboard. [That was quite a description] :) I've also seen quite a few interviews with Vadim... And his facial expressions are awesome! I love them! x)

ZP Theart (former vocalist)
This is my favorite picture of ZP, because of the passion he seems to be putting in to that certain song. That or he can't quite hit the note :] But from another aesthetic point of view... His hair is amazingly curly, And I love it :)

Dave Mackintosh (drums)
I can't say much about Dave, other than his drumming is purely epic. I hope to god that they don't speed up the drums in the studio, because this would be some extraordinary talent if they didn't. Other than that, from interviews, he seems like a really cool, fun guy.

Frédéric Leclercq (bass)
Well, as you can [hopefully] tell from his name, Frédéric is from France :) I love the stage presence this guy has, it's friendly and funny. His expressions are, in my opinion, completely priceless... And of course the way he plays the bass is also ...*wait for it*... epic! He completely owns the instrument. Also, his hair is poofy. Which is... awesome x)

Herman Li (lead guitar)
Herman's hair in this picture reminds me of one of the poems I recently wrote. Eternal Abyss. If you look at his hair the way I am, it kind of looks like the enterence to a very deep hole. Anyway, hair stuff aside. His playing is phenomenal; I absolutely cannot wait until I can play that fast... Standing up ;)

And last, but certainly not least, Sam Totman (rhythm/lead guitar)
I've heard that Sam writes most [or at least a lot] of the music that DragonForce plays. I love the way Sam talks; it reminds me of a friend my brother used to have for a long time. Come to think of it, the friend's name was Sam too! They both mumble quite a bit, but because I'm American and Sam's British [originally from New Zealand], that just makes it all the harder to tell what he's saying. But he's still cool x) His playing and songwriting is completely amazing, in my opinion. Some people would disagree, but that's ok. I love his signature guitar too... The Ibanez STM1 [Sam Totman Model 1]. I've heard rumors that he and Ibanez making one similar, except blue. So I'll keep a look-out for that, for sure!

Well, there's not much more I can say about them... Without going into huge detail about all their songs and what I like most. Which would be pretty much everything! All I have to say is, if any of them or one of their friends reads this... If you would, please tell them:

They do have quite a few girl fans. Me and some of my friends really love the music :) [and of course the musicians themselves!] DragonForce should come to the US again. (duh, right?) Specifically the Gettysburg, Pennsylvania area. Btw, come sometime in the summer of 2014-2015. Quite a ways away... But I know I'll be there!

Thanks for reading this, whoever you are! I hope you enjoyed my view and thoughts of this great band, DragonForce. If you don't know them, I hope you take some time to check out their songs on youtube or somthing :) And please, don't download songs illegally. All musicians deserve appreciation and respect; because they're working hard to entertain you!

Thanks again!!

2 comments:

  1. WoW, nicely said !
    DragonForce is one of my favourite bands, they are amazing!!! Love them♥ :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, nicely said !
    DragonForce is one of my favourite bands, they are amazing! Love them♥ :))

    ReplyDelete